est. 1876

Mountain Creek Baptist Church originated in 1876 when meetings were held in a brush arbor. The following year, James W. Burson led in organizing the church.He was ordained as a minister that year and served the church as pastor for 35 years.

During the early years of the church, a small house of worship was erected. In 1892, Mr. and Mrs. D.S. Edwards deeded one-half acre of land adjoining the church lot for a cemetery. In 1901, the original meeting house was replaced by a larger sanctuary to accommodate the growing congregation. This sanctuary, with the addition of Sunday School rooms, central heat and air, a baptistry, and other improvements, continued to serve the needs of members until May 17, 1979 when it was completely destroyed by fire. An annex constructed in 1975, containing a fellowship hall and classrooms (known today as the "Education Building"), served as a place of worship during the time of rebuilding.

A new sanctuary was built in the location of the building erected in 1901. It was dedicated on October 19, 1980 and is the sanctuary building we worship in today.

Join us for worship Sundays for Sunday School at 9:30 & Worship at 10:45.